This year Easter and Earth Day are only a few days apart. Both alerting us to the importance of renewal and rebirth. The earth has a limited supply of water, food and other renewable resources. How are we approaching it differently to ‘save the earth’? And in the process generate a ‘new you’ with new earth friendly habits – knowing we are all connected and every action counts!
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
Ways to make a difference:
- Support our local farmers by shopping for fresh produce at the Farmer’s Markets
- Grow some of your own vegetables in your garden, window boxes, or balconies
- Pay attention to how much water you use (instead of dumping left over water down the drain use it to water a plant)
- Reuse whenever possible -Visit your local second hand shop before heading over to buy brand new.
- Walk or ride your bike to work, school and anywhere you can – better for your health and better for the earth
- Recycle whenever you can – tinfoil, plastic bags and pop bottles, pop cans, cardboard, paper towels, napkins and Kleenex
- Compost as much as possible – tea leafs, coffee grounds, vegetable peels, leftover pasta, rice and vegetables
GO GREEN: WATER WASTE PREVENTION
Help… and you will make a huge impact in the life of the street, the town, the country, and our planet. If only one out of four of each one hundred of you choose to help on any given day, in any given cause– incredible things will happen in the world you live in. ~ Tom Hanks – “The Power of Four“
Give us your new idea for sustaining Mother Earth for a chance to win a Libre of your choice!