We are hearing a lot about lemon water, specifically honey lemon water. The health benefits of starting your day with a glass of warm honey lemon water are numerous.
- Excellent source of vitamin C
- Contains citrate, an inhibitor of toxins
- Stimulates the digestive system, helping to prevent constipation
- Works as a diuretic, keeping the urinary tract free of infections
- contains citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- helps manage your PH levels, creating healthy alkalinity important for bone and muscle health
- helps prevent colds and flus
Health benefits of raw honey:
- has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties
- boosts energy
- is a great cold medicine
- a natural source of carbohydrates
- eliminates free radicals
Honey Lemon Water Recipe
- Juice from ¼ to ½ of a lemon
- 1 cup of freshly boiled, slightly cooled water (just warm enough to melt the honey, any hotter will remove the nutritional value)
- 1 tsp of raw honey (more or less to taste)
Mix gently in your Libre glass and enjoy.
For a bit of a citrus twist try using limes, oranges or grapefruit for an afternoon refreshment.