It looks like Mother Nature has finally decided to send a little sunshine our way. Feeling the sun on your face and smelling the spring air is great for clearing away the winter cobwebs and brightening our spirits. Making us feel more alive and ready to get out there and move.
All those hours exploring the great outdoors made me more resilient and confident.
What are your favourite outdoor activities? How about a new one? Challenging ourselves to learn a new activity keeps us mentally alert too. How about …
- Trail running – the uneven ground keeps our mind active as well as our body
- Walking or hiking in the spring we can see new shoots and buds – so inspiring
- Bicycling and feeling the wind in our face can be exhilarating
- Gardening is full of stretching and bending, and ‘hands in the dirt’ is so grounding and settling
- Yoga in the park can be a great way to connect with nature too.
- Tennis and lawn bowling can be great alternatives for connecting with buddies you’ve not seen all winter!
Remember, before starting any new physical activity to check with your physician and stretch!
Here is great video with warm up exercises by our Libre Leading Light, Lilith Bailey-Kroll, the founder of Yoga Is My Health Insurance (YIMHI). She was a physiotherapist for many years before starting her international quest to support a concept she truly believes and now provides training to yoga teachers to show how Yoga can be almost as good as health insurance!! – here is more info about Lilith and her initiative.
Staying hydrated is so important as we start to be more active – fill up your Libre with water or tea to bring along with you and stay hydrated.
Share with us what ‘get out there’ springtime activities you enjoy for a chance to win a Libre Large!