Tea moments help to keep the calm during the holiday season. Keeping the calm and focus about what the season is about is often overlooked as we get caught up in the hectic hustle and bustle.
Green Teas and Herbal infusions are a great way to help your body physically and mentally restore its energy.
- Green tea has a small amount caffeine and works as a mild stimulant. It’s also an antioxidant and antibiotic.
- Ginger stimulates the circulatory system, helping to clear the mind and stimulate the brain. Perfect for uplifting the spirit.
- Licorice has been described as ‘the universal herb’ with its many beneficial effects. It increases energy levels, helps restore worn out adrenal glands and is an anti-stress mood booster.
- Ginseng is another beneficial herb that works by increasing stamina, reducing fatigue and minimizing the effects of stress.
A combination of any of the above is sure to help restore your body’s energy!
- 1 heaping teaspoon of green tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey, add more if needed
- 1 cup of boiling water
Add all ingredients to your Libre Tea glass and steep for 3+ minutes. Put on the filter and lid and shake to dissolve the honey if necessary. Remove the lid and enjoy!
December solstice marks the longest night and shortest day of the year. This Dec. 21st, take the time to celebrate Winter Solstice by going for a walk with loved ones through the neighbourhood, enjoying the sights, scents and sounds. Watching the sunset and/or sharing a tea moment with family is a perfect time for pausing to reflect with gratitude for all that we have and all that we are.
How do you keep the calm during the holiday season?
Share with us for a chance to win a Libre Tea glass of your choice!