It is Thanksgiving this Thursday! And don’t we have a lot to be thankful for!!
After giving thanks for all our own blessings lets GIVE – its in our nature and fills our souls.
Giving at home – whether space, respect, help or appreciation – can change the conversation, the tension, and strengthen our gratitude muscle.
How about outside your home – Participating in our community is a great way to give thanks, contribute to the community and nurture our own souls.
Here are our suggestions:
- Close to home…Help a neighbour – is there someone in your neighborhood who could use some help with yard work or a home cooked meal or a plate of cookies? Perhaps they would enjoy a visit and a shared tea moment
- Down the street….Donate clothing and unwanted/needed items to your local Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop or Salvation Army
- With your neighbours…Hold a food drive or holiday present collection for your local Food Bank (our Food Bank also collects new toys and gift items for those who can’t afford to purchase their family presents.)
- Further afield…. Visit your local post office and offer to write reply letters from Santa or Holiday mail/gift packages to soldiers abroad.
- To your community… Look through your bookshelves and give your non-essentials to Library or Schools.
- In your community…Volunteer at your local school, hospital or nursing home.
- And finally everyday…. Visit and then bookmark our Give First page and enjoy a tea moment while you give by clicking.
There are so many ways to give back to our communities. The time, energy and effort we give to help others, helps us too.
The sense of wellbeing and gratitude for what we have and what we have to offer grows.
“As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.”
― Mary Anne Radmacher
Share ways you give back in your community for a chance to win a Libre Mug.