Guest post by Libre Leading Light Marlene Lowden
I woke up with that crazy bubbly feeling . . . like those butterflies when you are first falling in love. It has happened two mornings in a row and for no particular reason – just an accumulation of events, people, happenings, I guess I’m just that excited to be part of so many things. Excited to create the day, to make stuff, connect with others, move forward … crazy, like I’m falling in love with life.
I know the other days well enough, but I’ll take these ones as a sign that whatever I’m doing, focusing on, whatever I’m dreaming, whatever attitude I’m operating with is working well for me. I’ve got a little bounce in my step and I feel light.
I think subconsciously this question has created some small but significant shifts….
I’ve been asked a few times this past year (at workshops, in books) to imagine that I have a documentary film crew or a keen teenager following me around for the day – How would I spend my time? How do I create my day?
Here’s a snapshot of my perfect day:
- Up early – Hot Shower
- Lemon tea (hot water & lemon juice from ½ lemon)
- Meditation & Journaling (on my biomat, by my picture window looking out at the mountains & the ocean – pinch me).
- Teach & Practice Yoga (with lovely souls who show at my door in the morning – we drink tea and laugh often).
- Breakfast & My 1st coffee – this is an event to be celebrated because it is made by my husband, Patrick and it is divine.
- Short check in with emails, review of tasks & appointments – over 2nd coffee.
- Pack up healthy lunch & snacks (Vegetarian and I’m dairy & wheat free these days)
- Go to the Studio (that I am honoured to share with 3 other amazing artists)
- Paint and drink tea, repeat, repeat, repeat…
- Return home (to my fireplace, friendly cat, more tea & family)
- Write, plan and dream a little
- Check back in with the virtual world (FB, Instagram, Pinterest & all those fun people out there doing amazing things that inspire me daily).
- A few chores and dinner prep (who am I kidding – Patrick is the chef) I clean up
- Spend time with my people – a little hike or canoe, or maybe a TED talk…
- Unwind with a good book (in the bath)
- Early bed
(Here is a 5-minute meditation Marlene has made to help you have ‘fall in love with life’ kind of day.)
Now, this is not how I spend every day but I’m taking the small steps, making the little shifts and I’ve had few days like this one. Yippee!
To read Marlene’s complete post and her book recommendations please go here.
How would you spend your perfect day?
What needs to shift so that you too can fall in love?
Share with us for a chance to win a Libre Tea glass of your choice!