Although it’s only been a short time since our last sale, we feel that World Water Day is an important day to acknowledge and support! So…
Starting March 17th to 22nd (World Water Day)
Use coupon code ‘World Water Day’ to receive 10% off your order
Plus an Additional 10% will be donated to the Global Women’s Water Initiative!
The Global Women’s Water Initiative provides training for grassroots women to be able build simple water and sanitation technologies so they can become self-reliant and improve their communities’ health. GWWI provides women with the tools and skills to build water and sanitation technologies with the potential to start micro-businesses offering much needed services to their communities.
To date, GWWI has trained women from 9 countries in Africa. GWWI women who had never picked up a shovel before in their lives have challenged traditional gender roles, building toilets, rainwater harvesting systems with water tanks and various water treatments to clean water. Because of their efforts over 6000 people have improved access to water and sanitation and 1/3 of the GWWI women’s projects are generating income.
– 3-5 million people die every year from water related diseases, most are children
– In Africa alone, it’s estimated that women and children spend over 40 billion hours fetching water
– Nearly 40% of the world’s population live without access to adequate sanitation
-1 out of 10 girls drop out of school by the 8th grade when they start menstruating because there are no toilets in school
– 783 million people in the world do not have access to safe water, approximately 11% of the world’s population
– 2.5 billion people in the world do not have access to adequate sanitation, approximately 35% of the world’s population.
– Poor water quality increases the risk of such diarrhoeal diseases as cholera, typhoid fever and dysentery, and other water-borne infections.
– 10+% of people worldwide consume foods irrigated by wastewater that can contain chemicals or disease-causing organisms.
Thank you for helping us spread the awareness of World Water Day and support the Global Women’s Water Initiative!
The Libre Large makes a great water bottle!