World Water Day is March 22nd. Each year, World Water Day highlights a specific topic of freshwater. This year the theme is Water and Energy – particularly addressing inequities, especially for the ‘bottom billion’ who live in slums and impoverished rural areas and survive without access to safe drinking water, adequate sanitation, sufficient food and energy services.
Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all.
Did you know?
- 85% of the world population lives in the driest half of the planet.
- 783 million people do not have access to clean water
- almost 2.5 billion do not have access to adequate sanitation.
- 6+ million people die annually from water-related disasters and diseases.
- Up to 90% of waste water in developing countries flows untreated into rivers, lakes and highly productive coastal zones, threatening health, food security and access to safe drinking and bathing water.
- Due to economic growth and individual wealth our diets are shifting from predominantly vegetable/starch-based to meat and dairy, which require more water and energy
The Road that Changed Everything charity: water
What can we do to conserve water and energy?
- Use your Libre as a water bottle – before Or after tea – the glass interior ensures fresh taste for your water ‘on the go’ too
- Check your taps and water pipes for leakage
- Shut water off while you brush and install lo flo shower heads – much better options these days for a great shower with less water
- Join or donate to a water organization such as Global Women’s Water Initiative, Charity Water or Water.org
- Attend a World Water Day event in your area and learn more
- Turn down your heat in the bedroom during the day and the kitchen/living rooms at night. Consider purchasing Programmable Thermostats for your home
Click to Donate to water charities by clicking on Libre’s Give First page –
Click every day to start your day with gratitude!!
Share with us your World Water Day tip on conserving water for a chance to win the Libre Tea glass of your choice.